Look at the time--it's 10:49. I'm arriving early at my blog! Maybe tomorrow I'll be even earlier!
Thanks for all of the lovely comments on my past few blog posts! It really does help me feel seen, heard, and not so alone. I'm trying my hardest to comment on three blogs a day, as well as respond to the comments that you all leave. Some days I can't get to all of it, but I am feeling the love. And I will continue to try to respond and connect with each of you :)
My plan for today *was* that I wanted to write a bit about my art and a personal experience that led to me creating my first two-part art journal page in years, but that will have to wait until tomorrow or even Friday when I have more time to sit and compose my thoughts, as well as having the energy and motivation.
Instead for tonight's blog entry, I am going to share with all of you my "recipe" for chicken fried rice! It's really easy and oh so yummy! When I first started making this, I ate chicken fried rice for dinner every night for a week. I was afraid that I would lose interest in it, but I haven't yet, and I still keep it as my "backup dinner" for those nights when I don't want to make something elaborate, but I'm also still trying to eat "healthy"
Okay, so enough chatting...Does anyone else ever get really annoyed with blog posts that promise you a recipe and then the writing just goes on and on and on and on and on? Or is that just me? :-P
First things first you need a package of frozen chicken fried rice from Trader Joes or any other grocery store around you.
**I've only ever had it from TJ's so I hope frozen CFR exists elsewhere!**
***You can also substitute frozen veggie fried rice, shrimp fried rice, or any other combination of fried rice***
Then you take extra veggies and cut them up. For me, that means just red, orange, and yellow peppers because I don't like most other vegetables. I cut up at least two whole peppers, so a lot of extra veggies.
So, you have your package of frozen fried rice and some extra veggies...I start warming up my pan with a little bit of sunflower oil and then sautee my peppers for about two minutes. Then I dump the ENTIRE BAG OF FRIED RICE into the pan. Stir it up, put the lid on the pan and wait a few minutes. Take the lid off, stir it some more, and keep cooking
The bag of CFR from TJ's says that it takes 5 minutes to make the serving size you put in the pan, but since I cook the entire bag at once I cook it for 10 minutes.
After about 7 minutes I then take some Sriracha and start adding some of that into the pan. I apparently like my CFR really spicy, because on occasion my man has commented that it smells like I'm cooking with the whole bottle of Sriracha!
If you don't have Sriracha, you can use any spicy chili paste or sauce that you have laying around, or keep it out if you aren't into that spicy food life.
And after it's been cooking for 10 minutes, it's time to turn off the stove, let it cool for a minute and then put it in a bowl, and stuff your face with the spicy goodness that is CFR.
OH OH OH OH OHHHHH...You can also add pineapple to it!!! I did this last night as an "experiment" and OH. MY. GOD. It was so feckin good!
I added the pineapple after it had been cooking for about 8 minutes, so the pineapple warmed up just a bit. And now I'm salivating thinking about how good that rice was, and I ate the rest of mine for dinner tonight!
See....this is what I mean when I said it's SOOOO good that I could probably survive on just this CFR, toast, and chocolate peanut butter smoothies and I'd be a happy girl.
Whooooo, it's 11:10 as I'm finishing. So I'm hitting publish (with spelling, grammar and sentance structure mistakes and all), and going to bed early.
Let me know what you think of this recipe! :) <3 p="">3>

Great idea! I’m like that with ramen.
ReplyDeleteOh, I haven't had ramen in ages!
DeleteThanks for the recipe. How about cooking it with your own cooked rice?
ReplyDeleteMy boyfriend has started making his fried rice with his own cooked rice. It's easier for him because he just does veggie fried rice, so he cooks his rice in the rice cooker then tosses all of the vegetables and rice into the pan, adds hot sauce and is done!
DeleteOne of these days I'll want to cook again and I'll probably make my own!
Sounds delicious! Too bad Trader Joe's is so dang far!!! I'll have to keep an eye out at the store today to see if maybe I can find something similar locally.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can find some!
DeleteThank you for this recipe. We don't have a Trader Joe's close enough to us either. But I'm sure I can find something close though. No it doesn't bother me to write a bit before giving out the recipe. I LOVE yellow and red peppers. I wonder if putting onions and mushrooms in it would be good too. Gosh maybe I can find a recipe like this for my Instant Pot. I'm going to look. Again, thank you :)
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome :) I think my boyfriend put mushrooms in his fried rice. I know he puts onions in his pretty regularly.
Delete