Thursday, April 5, 2018

100 Days Project. Take 3.


I decided to partake in the festivities of the 100 Day project this year. Again. I've tried the two previous years, and only made it about 7-12 days in and just stopped.

In 2016, I wanted to play with my Instax Mini and take at least one Polaroid picture a day. I made it almost two weeks, and then I realized that it was going to be an expensive project to keep up because that film ain't cheap!



In 2017, I was playing with my iPad and decided that I wanted to make a digital mandala every day. I loved it, but I definitely felt the limitations of my talent and patience. I think I made it at least a week and then stopped playing with that app. Time passed, I noticed that I was falling further and further behind and decided to stop caring about the 100 days project. Now that I'm reflecting on it, I may have to play with it once more.



About a week ago I started seeing people posting about this year's project. It slowly started reentering my periphery and I wondered if I should try again. If I do, what am I going to do for 100 days? 

At the same time that these posts kept showing up on Facebook and Instagram, I was starting to get reacquainted with my art journal. I reset my studio space where Embody Your Truth is based and I set up a little art table with all of my art supplies. I wanted to make my creativity as accessible as possible. 

Why not art journaling for 100 days? Sounds very possible. 

I also remember that last year I saw that someone was doing 100 Days of Self-Care, and I figuratively kicked myself thinking "why didn't I think of that? Self-Care is totally MY THING. My coaching business, my massage business, my yoga practice, my life are all based on self-care. It is my foundation. So why did I never feel compelled to dive deep and focus on this? 

Why not self-care for 100 days? Sounds totally doable and intriguing.

I've also been feeling incredibly disconnected from my yoga practice. This is a post I may or may not share a bit later, depending on how far down that rabbit hole I want to go. So I'm also thinking that I want to take these next 100 days to get back to what my practice means to me and let go of the energy that I've been holding onto surrounding the politics and bureaucracy of teaching for someone else.

Why not yoga for 100 days? Sounds like it's right up my alley.

This blog along has made me realize that I love sharing snippets of my day. I love writing, and I don't know what my voice sounds or reads like anymore. I've been on this really weird emotional journey the past year or so and I stopped journaling and writing and sharing a lot of myself online, and I feel very closed off. I want to get back to that, I want to be interested in sharing my thoughts, my experiences with others. I want to be comfortable with my thoughts again. 

Why not writing for 100 days? Sounds like it's needed.

So for the next 100 days, starting today I'm committing to four different things. Self-care, yoga, writing, and art journaling. 

All things that I love doing, but have grown apart from. These are all practices that are integral parts of my sanity, my growth, my evolution, my ability to process the world around me. Pieces of me that I've stopped paying attention to and caring for. And I've felt it deeply. So now its time to reclaim these for myself.

I'd love for you to follow along with me! It's all happening over on Instagram, and I may share some things on facebook. I'm most likely going to write about them as well.

My Instagram name for the self-care and yoga fun is @purplefeathers.
I created a separate Instagram account for my art and set it to private. If you are interested in seeing my art journal adventures you can follow me at @soul.speak.creations

Are you doing anything for the 100 days project? Share with me so I can follow you on your creative adventure!

8 comments:

  1. I could not decide on a project. I toyed with a couple of ideas. I think I am going to maybe try to blog for 100 days. We'll see :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to do blogging for 100 days, but I went with writing because it encompasses so much more and gives me more freedom! It could include journaling, my IG captions, blog posts, or thoughts on facebook.

      If you do blog for 100 days, I will follow along <3

      Delete
  2. I'm not doing anything yet for 100 days but it's something to think about. I am studying for my EFT level I and II certification so I don't want to take on too much. However I think I might be able to blog for 100 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that certification sounds like a lot! If you blog, I'll follow along!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You go girl! I started the 100 Day Project for the first time this year. You can see my progress on Instagram @LifePinspired and read about it on my blog: LifePinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I know you can do it :) I once made a collage every day for three months lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for the encouragement :)

      Delete