Tuesday, February 9, 2016

500 Words. Day 6. Nothing of Interest.

Sniffling. Sneezing. Blowing my nose. Repeat. If i try to recall how today went, that is all that comes to mind. I’m tired of telling people that “I’m not sick.” I know my body, and I know how I feel when my body is working through allergies or a cold. Whatever. I’m just going to start telling people i’m sick so they will leave me the hell alone. 

If you can’t tell, i’m just a *little* bit cranky. I get like this when I don’t feel in prime health. All I want right now is to be laying down with someone who is playing with my hair. Simple relaxation and rest, and the comfort of another human being in close contact. Whenever I feel in ill health (whether it’s allergies, or actual sickness), I crave connection, and physical contact. I received so many hugs today because i simply needed that touch. The other best part of my day was laying on the couch in my break room at work, mindlessly scrolling through Instagram. The few minutes of quiet meditation after that were alright as well.

I really don’t have much more to say today. It was cold and snowy, and nothing of interest happened to me. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are simply filler days to get me through the week. I go to work, do what needs to be done, talk to people, connect with coworkers, and then come home. They simply pass by in a blur. 


I sat and stared at the screen for several minutes just now. To me, this is the moment when I need to turn my computer off, lay in bed, and drift off to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment