Monday, February 8, 2016

500 Words. Day 5. Catching up and cookies.




Not my cookies, but these do look delicious

Catching is up hard to do. I heard that once, maybe read it. Was it in a song? A movie? I just googled it, and apparently it’s a paper that analyzes the long term income of college graduates. Not exactly what I was talking about.

1500 words. Here we go…

I haven’t written since Thursday, and that was by choice. The Coach was in town, and I realized that I like to devote my time to him when he’s here. I tend to limit my time not only on social media, but also on my computer and on some work that needs to be done. I can’t help it. When you only see someone for 36 hours a week, you make choices. So this meant no writing, no vlog recording, no class planning. I am getting better at setting time restrictions though. I actually made it to work a bit early this morning because I finally respected my morning routine. 

It’s all a continuous work in progress.

That’s what happens when you let someone into your life, and you slowly let your guard down. 

I also told the Ranger that I couldn't spend the weekend with him. No fancy dresses or dinner for me. I’m being an “adult” by being financially responsible, and tracking my income/spending for the next month to better assist the major transition thats about to happen in my life.

I have so much on my to do list this evening. I feel as though I’m procrastinating, even with this writing being something to check off. Class sequencing, finding music, planning for a social media marketing meeting, creating flyers, recording my vlog.

…………….

This Saturday we went to a vegan food workshop that was being hosted by my yoga studio. It was low-key and very informative. I already knew some of the information that she shared about animal cruelty and the environmental implications, and learned some new things as well. I was really excited about the recipes, and I can’t wait to try them. As I was walking around Trader Joe’s this evening, I started researching how to make my own almond milk because the one recipe we learned about was hot chocolate! The presenter talked about how she makes her own almond milk, and it seems to be a very easy process. One more thing for me to use my vitamix for!

…………….

It’s now Monday evening. I was so tired last night that I couldn't continue. I was also stressing, so I focused on something else. What I’m not going to do is hold myself to this 2000 word mark since its now been four days. I will write what I want to write and as much as I want to write and that all be that. I’m resting at the moment after taking what was probably the hottest bath ever. Ever since Sunday morning, my sinuses have been acting up and draining, and today I felt foggy and tired. I know my body, and I know that I am not sick. Whatever is going on is allergy related because I keep sneezing. Always twice. This is all because of Saturday. Walking outside for 90 minutes while it was 40º, and then standing outside for 2+ hours when it was below 35º later that evening. PGH taco truck tacos are that good, but now I’m wondering if they were worth  me feeling like this today.

I was walking around Giant Eagle this evening after working at the spa, and I had ZERO patience for people. Someone broke a jar of honey and it was just laying on the floor next to a yellow “Caution: wet floor sign”. I should have taken a picture. As I was walking through the aisles, I realized that I was simply staring at the shelves and not really looking for anything. Plus the people walking past me were walk confused by the broken bottle of honey in the middle of the aisle, and had no idea what to do. If I wasn’t feeling like a walking zombie, I probably would have laughed at this. Anyways. I went there for two things: peach salsa, and jalapeño guacamole, and they didn't have either of them! I hardly ever shop there, and when I do decide to go, they don't have what I want. I ended up buying cookies. Great compromise.


I’m going to go eat some more of my cookies (because I can), and plan out the rest of my week. I would love to talk about how I’m freaking out because I have no idea how I’m going to accomplish everything that I should be doing, but I’m going to eat cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment