Thursday, February 4, 2016

500 Words. Day 4. Being Seen.



Tonight is going to be a practice in how fast I can write 500 words. Whenever I have to work at 8 am on Thursdays and Fridays I like to be in bed by 11 pm the night before. Of course this rarely happens, but it’s something I strive for. 

I’m sitting on my bed, does that count? No. Okay, fine.

I had so much planned for today, and none of it got accomplished. Car inspection, hair cut, writing, recording, class sequence planning, marketing. None of it. I did accomplish a meeting with one of my spa owners about assisting with the marketing, I had three massage sessions, and I received a massage, so the day wasn’t a total waste. 

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I had no idea that by agreeing to teach a yoga class would cause me to dust off my marketing hat and wear it again. I love it though, even if it is a teensy teensy bit scary.

I have this fear of putting myself out there and failing, or being ridiculed.

BUT, the good thing is, according to my standards I have already failed and I’m still going! The only advertising I did for my Monday morning yoga class was a post on my Facebook page along with an instagram post. I knew no one was going to show up, and I was okay with that. Kind of. I haven’t done any marketing this week for it, so I’m assuming no one is going to show up next Monday. So there, failure with a big fat capital F. But I’m still here, still breathing, still excited about teaching. 

It’s uncomfortable, that’s for sure. I don’t know how to put myself out there and tell people about my classes. I am now offering a Sunday evening Yin class at the same studio, so that is one more thing that I get to tell people about. How do I market my classes? I have no idea, but I guess the beautiful thing about my word of the year (SEEN) is that no matter what I do, it’s progress!

How can I be seen today? 


I keep asking myself that. I’m putting myself out there by being here, showing up to the page every day. My blogging challenge. Instagram posts. Asking the owner of my spa to sit down and chat about marketing plans. I’m putting the energy out there that I’m a big deal and that I know what I’m doing. I’m showing the universe and the world that I am ready to be seen, and that is what I’m going to continue to do. Even if what I really want to do is lay in bed all day and surf the internet and eat Scandinavian Swimmers (those fuckers are going to be the bane of my fitness challenge). I did that a little bit this morning, minus the Scandinavian Swimmers, but I could feel my old habit of fear taking over action creeping up. I forced myself to get out of bed though. I’m so much happier that I did! See, today was an accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment