Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thoughts on Colors

The meme for the day is Swap & color. I have added my address to the list, and I am excited for some old-fashioned snail mail! I was recently thinking about pen-pals and the lost art of writing letters, so this meme came at just the perfect time. I'm excited to share some joy with some I have never met! We were also given a list of colors with some prompts surrounding each of them. If anyone is reading this, enjoy my answers!

[ RED ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of red? Passion, fiery purpose, confidence. 
  2. Closest red thing to you? Decorations in the living room, a glass vase, a fake daisy, some fall leaves. The entryway rug.
  3. What is the last thing that made you angry? I may have been looked over for a position at work that I *think* I want. I wasn't really angy, just let down and a bit disappointed. Other than that, I can't think of the last time I was really angry.
  4. Are you a fan of romance? I do enjoy romance! 
  5. Do you have a temper? Sometimes I do. I am learning how to sit with my emotions and get to the root of my anger. It has definitely helped. A few years ago, I felt angry all of the time, but now I'm mostly happy!
[ GREEN ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of green? A pond, nature, a warm Spring day.
  2. Closest green thing to you? More decorations.  Two different green glass vases
  3. What's your favourite green environment? I LOVE being out in nature. Feeling the soft grass under my feet, seeing the sun filtered through the trees.
  4. Are you jealous of anyone right now? I am jealous of some of the successful ladies in Arbonne. I'm not jealous of their success, I'm jealous that they were able to work through the fear and keep working to get to where they are today. I am trying to understand these feelings and use them as motivation to do my own work so that I can be successful as well!
  5. Are you a lucky person? I believe so! I try to stay positive, and when I believe that I am lucky, I am lucky! It's all about being positive and believing that you are lucky, It's simple really.
[ PURPLE ]


  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of purple? Joy, exuberance, jewels, peacocks.
  2. Closest purple thing to you? Another glass vase, fake lilacs.
  3. Do you like being treated like royalty? I adore being treated like royalty. When I practice self-care daily and take care of myself, I feel like I AM royalty. 
  4. Do you like mysterious things? Sometimes. I don't like the anticipation of not knowing, but I like surprises. 
  5. Are you intuitive? I tend to think that I am. 
[ BLUE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of blue? Cool, calm water. Breaking Bad. Peace.
  2. Closest blue thing to you? There is blue in the dress that I am wearing, and there is a blue water bottle cap sitting on the living room table.
  3. Are you good at calming people down? Sometimes I am, but sometimes I am not.
  4. What's your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)? I enjoy streams that babble, and lakes with waves that gently kiss the shore as a boat drives by. I love sitting on the beach and feeling the ocean waves wash over my feet. I enjoy being near water, and I love being in water (only when I can see clearly through the water)
  5. What was the last thing that made you cry? I teared up watching a tv show last week. It was intense.
  6. Are you a logical thinker? My logical brain tries to win out over my creative brain everyday. Most of the time it works. I try to think logically in most instances, but I know that there are some times when I should just let go and go with the flow.
[ YELLOW ]


  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of yellow? Bees, honey, lemons, sunshine, carefree.
  2. Closest yellow thing to you? The Lemon Pound Cake that I just finished eating
  3. What was one of the happiest times of your life? I was 7 or 8, and my family was moving to Alaska. We drove the entire way, and camped out almost every night. It was amazing seeing  Yellowstone National Park, and experiencing that time with my family.
  4. What's your favourite holiday? Thanksgiving or Christmas. The tradition, the festivities, the decorations. The food.
  5. What makes you happy? Snuggles from my cats, listening to my cats crunch their dry food. Walking through leaves and stepping on the crunchy ones. Looking at the night sky and immersing myself in the stars. A warm bath. A soft blanket. Bananas (and they are yellow!)
[ PINK ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of pink? Innocence, playfulness, love.
  2. Closest pink thing to you? There is pink on a worksheet that I'm working on for The Holiday Council.
  3. What sweet things do you like? Desserts and candy. I like my apples to have a sweet taste to them. Strawberry tic-tacs.
  4. Are you sensitive? Yes.
  5. What is your favourite flower? Stargazer lilies or daisies.
  6. Does you have a crush on someone? I have a crush on anyone who is confident and compassionate. 
[ ORANGE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of orange? Halloween. The zest of oranges. Fall leaves
  2. Closest orange thing to you? Does a Kit Kat label count as orange or red? Odd, but the label on the sandpaper on Pat's desk (why is there sandpaper on his desk?)
  3. Do you dress up for Halloween? I haven't for the past two years, but that is one thing I LOVE about halloween.
  4. What gives you the warm fuzzies? Animals of all kinds. The dogs that come into my work. My plush snuggie.
  5. What would your superpower be? I would be able to tell when someone is lying. 
[ BROWN ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of brown? Chocolate!
  2. Closest brown thing to you? The blanket I am wrapped in, the dirt my potted plant lives in.
  3. What is your favourite type of chocolate? 72-80% dark chocolate
  4. What makes you feel grounded? Deep breathing, putting my feet on soft grass, feeling the bark of a tree. Visualizing roots extending from my feet into the ground. Taking a bath.
  5. Paint the wood or always leave it au natural? It's a toss up. Most things au natural, others must be painted.
[ WHITE ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of white? Cleansing, Pure, Starting over, a blank slate, unending possibility
  2. Closest white thing to you? Paper, my iPad & my iPhone.
  3. Do you always try to keep the peace? No, sometimes the boat needs to be rocked. You have to let out pent up energy so that you can release and renew.
  4. Do you like to play in the snow? If it is soft and fluffy and it's not windy or too cold.
  5. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? I have a real anxiety issue with going to the dentist.
[ BLACK ]
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of black? The darkest of nights, Depth, The unknown
  2. Closest black thing to you? So. Many. Things. The speakers, my journal for December, headphones, pens
  3. Are you sophisticated or silly? Silly all the way. I try to play sophisticated.
  4. Do you have a lot of secrets? I have some that I'm working on accepting.
  5. What's the new black? Self-Care and stepping into your personal power.

I have to admit that I stopped half way through this one. It felt too long and drawn out. It was interesting to see some of my answers, but I don't know if I would do it again. I stopped feeling the excitement and the playfulness. I finished though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment