Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Kickin' It Old Skool-Weather


I LOVE these rain boots, even though they hurt my feet EVERY time I wear them. Circa~2011.

I absolutely love rainy days, and I've never really known why I am so drawn to rainy weather. I feel so happy when I am snuggled up inside, watching the rain falling, listening to the rain drops as the fall on trees, leaves, the ground. It's very relaxing and soothing for me. I also enjoy the dance that nature puts on whenever it rains. The leaves on trees, or the blades of grass swaying to and fro as they soak up the water that is falling on them from the sky. The different shade of green in nature also seem more vibrant to me against a backdrop of gray. Some of my favorite sounds to play on my iPhone while relaxing are those of rain or water.


I keep track of the weather of my favorite places. Taken this morning, screenshot of my iPhone.



8 comments:

  1. Rainy days are easy to love with rockin' boots like that! And I love the names of your favourite places. They are like poetry - and all but Chicago are new to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie! :) I love seeing the varying weather patterns of all of the places that I love.

      Delete
  2. I am trying to imagine this rainy day as I brave our -27C with a wicked wind chill here in Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please stay warm! I am no fan of wind chill!

      Delete
  3. We had a grey day here today.

    http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2013/12/weather-wednesday-kickin-it-old-skool.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a gray rainy day today! I spent all day inside, sipping on apple cider!

      Delete
  4. My beloved is from the Chautauqua area! ^o^ So cool to see it here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Chautauqua! My boyfriend's family goes up there every year for summer, and this is my second year spending time there. It is so quiet, and charming. I totally relax every time I go to the lake.

      Delete