Monday, December 2, 2013

Kickin' It Old Skool-Time Capsule


Some of the books I'm reading & a fabulous quote I just found!

Day two of this adventure is all about things I am doing currently. Right now I am sitting at Pat's desk, listening to a Learn and Burn for Arbonne, while working on some administrative red tape with my dental coverage. While drinking water to hydrate, I'm noticing that I haven't taken a shower yet today! It's already 2:30! Time to get on with the other things I need to do today! I still need to write for Reverb13 and spend some time with The Holiday Council, and print out the rest of my Create Your Amazing Year Workbook.

~What are am I reading?~

As the picture above shows, I am trying to immerse myself in as much positivity as possible. I recently acquired Money: A Love Story by Kate Northrup (it was an early Christmas gift from my momma!). I have read and re-read The Secret so many times, but I keep coming back to it. I've been trying to make it through Feel the Fear and Do it anyways for a few months, but I keep coming back to it. Every time I pick it up, I will either start off where I left off, of start from the beginning, and each time I learn something new. I have so many books that I want to read on my iPad in both my Kindle app and iBooks, but the one I am currently reading is Your First Year in Network Marketing. In the next month I am going to start on Danielle LaPorte's The Desire Map! I can't help it, I LOVE TO READ!

~What am I watching?~

In November I started watching tv shows on Hulu. This is somewhat of a new habit of mine, because I haven't had cable in several years. The shows that I am watching every week without fail are: The Black List, The Originals, Reign, Breaking Bad, and Once Upon A Time. 

~What am I listening to?~

Learn and Burns for Arbonne! They are weekly motivational audio trainings that I listen to while I am doing a number of different activities. Sometimes I will focus solely on those and take notes, other times (like right now!) I am  listening to it in the background while I type and get some other things done. 

I've also been trying to listen to more music lately. My music is constantly on shuffle on my iPhone so it ranges from the zen-like music I have for massage, to Lady Gaga, Imogen Heap, Mumford & Sons, Nero, and Flight Facilities. Very eclectic and very enjoyable.

~What am I loving?~

Emmett and Mynx. My boyfriend Pat. My new car Ruby. Myself. The quiet stillness of our house during the day against the backdrop of cars rushing by outside. My motivation to make 2014 a phenomenal year for me.

~What am I wearing?~

The t-shirt I slept in, a pair of comfy black pants, and slippers. Glasses to see with, so I guess they count as well!

~What am I creating?~

Abundance. A business that will sustain me. Growth. A plan for 2014. 

~What am I looking forward to?~

The possibilities that 2014 hold for me. I find that my year is more abundant and plentiful when I have a guide in place for where I want to be at the end of next December. 

I'm also looking forward to getting my license from PA for Massage Therapy. That has been a long, winding journey. I will be thankful when I actually receive that slip of paper in the mail.

I'm looking forward to where I will be a year from now with Arbonne. I have been second guessing my decisions, and holding myself back from doing anything with Arbonne for the last few months out of fear. I realized that I am in a cycle and I want to break through. I have so much potential for growth with this company, and now it's time for me to play. The quote in the picture above is something I heard today, and I will be keeping it in my focus.

The only way to fail is to let obstacles become bigger than your dreams.

4 comments:

  1. There's a lot of lovely in this post! The idea that your year is more abundant if you have a clear plan for where you want to be at the end of it is almost like a thunderbolt for me. Duh. Of course.. I'm not sure why I never thought of it that way. I haven't yet started that kind of planning for myself for next year, but I need to begin squeezing it in.

    I hope your massage license comes in soon! I used to work at a massage school (as the DoE - not an instructor or anything) and I miss being around those folks and their amazing energy.

    Jen - Pierced Wonderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Jen! :) I have realized that if I don't plan my year, there is no direction and life literally takes over! If I plan and set goals for where I want to be, and how I want to feel, it's as if I can handle anything that life throws at me with ease and grace. Try it out. There are some great resources that I am using that I listed on here: The Holiday Council (Today is the last day to sign up, but it is only $49), The Create your Amazing Year planner is fabulous, and Susannah Conway has a really nice (and FREE) planner that I have used before also. Give it a go, you'll be surprised with how your year turns out! <3

      Delete
  2. Lovely list and a beautiful plan for 2014. Wishing you only the most wonderful!

    ReplyDelete