Thursday, December 5, 2013

About Me


Arian and Mynx, 2010


Mynx and Emmett, 2013


Ten things about me

1. I am a total cat person. I have had cats as pets for as long as I can remember. My first cat was named snowball, and ran away. When I moved into my own place in 2004, the first thing I made sure to do (before I even had a bed, I slept on the couch!) I became a momma to two fur babies. Arian and Mynx were brother and sister. Arian passed away in February of 2012 after being sick for several months. Mynx became an only kitty for about 1 1/2 years until this October, when Emmett came into out lives. Mynx and Emmett don't get along. At all. It breaks my heart.

2. I love office supplies. I can spend an hour (if not more) just perusing an office supply store or aisle and be completely content. I'm always looking for a new pen or notebook. I also am constantly wanting to update my organizational supplies for my desk. 

3. I am always cold. At work, at home, outside. My body runs about 1 degree cooler, and I've always been the one who is shivering when it's 60 out! I love fuzzy, fleecy blankets for this reason, and I love having the temp in the house set to about 72, but it's only set to 68. I'm constantly bundled up when I'm at home. Really, wherever I go! 


Ruby, The Mini!


4. I am really good at manifesting and the Law of Attraction. When I want something (like feeling it in my bones, really want it) I get it. There have been a few times where I go through the motions and my trusted practices for manifesting, and it has not happened. Sometimes I get stuck on those moments, and lose my mojo. I'm realizing as I type this that I am currently in one of these funks. I just manifested a freakin' car! It has been several months in the making, but I did it! 

5. I don't have any close friends. When I was younger, we moved every three years because my father was in the Army. After a while, I got frustrated with the making new friends, and trying to get involved with established groups, so I became acquaintances with plenty of people, but I haven't let anyone get close enough to me to become a good friend. I'm really starting to crave these deep connections. This is something I plan on focusing on in 2014.


Pat & I flying in a small plane! I'm not freaking out because we are only at 3,500 feet!


6. I can fly in a regular commercial plane, but if I get into a smaller two, or four person plane, I freak out above 4,000 feet. I think it has something to do with the ability to see the open sky in front and on the sides of the plane. The first time I went up in a small plane, we went up to 6,000 feet and I had an anxiety attack and almost passed out! Maybe it doesn't help that I am afraid of heights.

7. I have an irrational fear of grates in the sidewalk, and the pool filters that are in the deep end. I can't walk on the grates or doors in sidewalks, because I'm afraid that I will fall in. I freak out if I swim directly over the filters in the deep end. I also have a fear of water that is not clear. For several years, I refused to swim in unclear water until last year. I went to Chautauqua Lake, NY with Pat and his family, and over the course of the week, I worked my way into swimming about 5-10 yards away from the boat! I would always hurry up and swim back, and if I even started to think about it,  I would freak out and have to get back in the boat. Baby steps!

8. I've never travelled outside of the  country. I am working on getting my passport though so that I can remedy this in 2014!

9. I can not whistle. I've always tried, but I just can't do it.

10. I have had the same cell phone number since 2002-2003. I hardly ever get wrong number phone call/texts.

6 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to loving office supplies. If I walk into an office supply store, you might not be able to get me out again.

    Like you, I'm always cold, too. Unluckily, my office is always 62 degrees year-round, so I'm always dressed for winter, even if it's 90 outside.

    I love that you had a cat named Snowball. I met a cat in Bolivia that I called Snowball. Maybe it was the same cat. ;) We have three cats here. I love my fur-babies, darn them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE kitties! Oh goodness, swimming in unclear water ...no way! Fun reading about everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you can be in a plane with a smile, but would panic if walking on a grate. You did mention you were complex :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful for the power of the Laws of Attraction. I had it nailed ever since I was a kid. When I told people I could make things happen they laughed at me. I don't talk about it much now, but I love it when I meet someone else who "gets" it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that you learned to fly planes! I am also an office supply addict! I have a pen collection that would make some drool! I would love to travel outside my country too--I don't count driving to Fargo or Grand Forks (up to 2.5 hours south of where I live in Canada) as travelling outside of the country as it's so "regular".

    ReplyDelete