Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Writing Wednesday

I have found more things to keep me posting! Yay! Who knew that there were so many websites that provided you with writing prompts? Not this girl! Oh, the joy, the the wonder, the possibilities. In honor of this fantastic discovery, I shall now proclaim every Wednesday as Writing Wednesday..be prepared to be awed by my awesomely horrible writing skills!*

Create a poem using Emily Dickinson`s "Bring me the sunset in a cup" as a starting point.

Bring me the sunset in a cup
Dainty and lined in gold
Songbirds darting to-and-fro
As if returning to their nest at the end of their day

The oranges and reds
Are swirling in my cup
Mixing with the blues and whites of the clouds
Sprinkled stardust adds a little bit of spice

Crisp, tangy scents arise
Mixed with sweet nostalgia for the day
A warm and soothing taste reminds me of a breeze
A hint of what night brings

Prompt 103 from creativewritingprompts.com

*Don't judge me! I do that enough on my own. Also, this is the first poem I've written in oh, i don't know...forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment