Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Wreath--I made this!

I made this wreath after seeing a blog post about it at JJ Crochet (I don't know how to insert a link to her website through the Blogger App on my phone *insert sad face*). I am not the craftiest person I know, and I always seem to get so inspired to try something new or learn a new hobby and then my excitement fizzles until all that is left is a bunch of art supplies sitting in a corner un-used for months at a time. When I came across this very easy DIY tutorial, I was so excited because this is something I could do in a few hours and feel accomplished!

I used a 14' round foam wreath, a pretty burgundy wine colored yarn, two sets of purple flowers, one set of orange flowers and one sprig of cranberry ball thingys. I had so much fun shopping for the flowers that I couldn't decide on colors and was in the floral aisle of Michaels for almost 30 minutes!

The pictures below are of the materials and the finished beauty. Our hallway is so dark that I couldn't get a good picture, but I know she is going to brighten my day every time I see her! I enjoyed the process so much, that I'm thinking about making wreaths for every holiday and season & I just might make them for my friends as a little "thank you for being an awesome friend" or a simple "just because I care" gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment